Method | Steel engraving with hand colouring |
Artist | John Le Keux after Frederick Mackenzie |
Published | Published April 1st 1837 by J.H. Parker, Oxford ; C. Tilt, Fleet St. London & J. Le Keux, Hammondsworth. |
Dimensions | Image 95 x 170 mm, Sheet 132 x 205 mm |
Notes |
A view of Oxford from the field beyond Holywell, from "Memorials of Oxford. Historical and Descriptive Accounts of the Colleges, Halls, Churches and other Public Buildings." by James Ingram and John Le Keux. John Le Keux (1783-1846) was an engraver who was involved in several topographical books including the companion work Memorials of Cambridge, whilst the artist Frederick Mackenzie (1787-1854) was a watercolour painter and architectural draughtsman who made drawings for Ackermann's University of Oxford and Public Schools, and twenty-four of the Oxford Almanacs between 1821-1853. Colouring may differ slightly from image. |
Framing | mounted |
Price | £80.00 |
Stock ID | 50516 |